Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Truth on (... ...) (elision)

(This image which was removed  presumably was taken in an off-handed manner by the somewhat blithering but still brilliant photographic skills of Oppermann on a handheld cell phone camera. It was of poor quality, but it conveys something that one is compelled to find friendly. I believe that it shows (... ...) in his native environment: (... ...) own home)

A few pointers on the road to an analysis of (... ...):
1. Oppermann believes that (... ...) believes a mystical truth.
2. I think in looking at this (... ...) would have to be named as "becoming Walser"
3. At least one Robert Walser short work should be transcribed to this web log to help describe (... ...): possibly the one on "professions" (it can be a verwindung of labor and work)
4. (... ...) prefers to be called (... ...)
5. Gossett preferred to be called "... ..." when he was a student at (... ...)
6. All previous entries about Oppermann and I getting together to set the heretofore "naughty" (... ...) straight are hereby abandoned.
7. (... ...) occasionally writes on this web log and on Oppermann's web-log and on others but I wonder if he wrote his own web log who it would be about?
8. It is impossible to set  (... ...) straight about anything.
9.  (... ...) and I have sat in the morning watching the sunlight pour into a room converted from a former Catholic seminary.
10.  (... ...) always listens with remarkable patience.
11. It is unknown if  (... ...) has ever been mad at me: if he simply abandons situations he gets irritated at or if he endures and expresses his anger at them directly...
12.  (... ...) libido makes him impish.
13.  (... ...) is said to be more of a musical snob than Oppermann.
14.  (... ...) has some ulterior motive behind the questions of Oppermann as drinker, smoker and an avid enthusiast of television sports shows that has yet to be deciphered. Such a motive makes me consider the issue of the heiroglyphs I believe are represented by the shore of the ocean at dawn.

1 comment:

james gossett said...

Emmanuel Levinas says in an interview: "Mont Blanc is Mont Blanc, I often amuse myself by saying which five philosphers are indispinsible or constitute all of philosophy. Well, first comes Plato, and then Kant ...where everything is turned upsidedown. Next...Hegel where history -of the categories- becomes content. Then come two personal favorites: first Bergson...and lastly--Heidegger. I must confess, I haven't said Husserl-- Heidegger."

In that quotation light, not a pen light, I must confess too that my Mont Blanc is a pen. Here begins the reverie with the ethicist of the last century and perhaps this one at least untill now of shared feeling, the thing Levi-nas calls amusement. But what a dreadful photograph so as suggest the telephone is not a camera but then what is it? Had I known the blog effect would be employed I would have allowed the beard out more and possible adorno-ed some hat.

You flatter Justin Ayres with the splendid memory of mornings and other amusing reflection. Five is a good number wouldn't you agree? So, as a corollary I want to suggest you write an entry into blog time of five somethings that occur to you. It is interesting that Husserl made the list as a non-five perhaps making him beyond the list. Poor Hobbes. Hobbes is mostly reflected as Calvin's partner.

That takes the sentiment (read French) to theological issues and some notation for "Truth" so that beauty can be put in its place. Levinas gives us beautiful thinkers but now can we also have a list of five un-favorites. A possible short list includes Aristotle, Derrida, Irigary, Zizek, and Gadamer (in no particular order) and yes I have not said Descartes who was idiotically ridiculed as reductive in graduate school lectures thus making him appealing.

Oppermann and I met the other day and discussion led to Freud. I just thought I would mention that.

I must have tea now and allow this to post. As some say, more later.
JG/Max