Friday, May 2, 2008

The Oppermann Posting: Ayres in Oppermannalia


This image threatens to become overly technological: it is an image of a web-log entitled ayres-in-theoria. But it is set against the backdrop of my own computer screen. What is more enticing about the image is the reduplication of an image from Tarkowski's Zierkala: "Mirror." It is a mirroring of mirror, and it is a mirror of these web logs as well. I must go to an administrative meeting now, however it is important to note this mirroring as the factual literary contextualization of the Oppermann Posting (under the name "Falkenburger") of "Ayres in Theoria" at least in reality, if not in parable.

Oppermann contends that if I am publishing images of his web log on my web log, then I must really have nothing to say. I would argue that it is a matter of stepping out of the gaze, which in its specular, spectator form I find nauseating.... And stepping into the landscape.

No comments: