Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oppermann and Ayres Diffidently

I wanted to say that there is an importance to Oppermann's leaning in this picture: (this web log was erased with a sudden electronic error which makes one speculate about everything being incredibly impermanent). Oppermann leans on me because I am shorter and because his forearm can easily rest on my shoulder. I have had always a bit of a short-man-complex around being shorter. It is not an extreme or insane level of this complex to my knowledge, however it is good to relate this "being shorter" as somehow profound.

In this image I stare with the eyes I describe as being like the dylan song "what was it you wanted?" with "vague menace" (Oppermann's terms for this song). I said in the previous log that was accidentally erased that Oppermann used his height to become like a black figure from one of Kafka's drawings: he would walk around in a long black coat and black hat, discussed elsewhere.

This is an image of Oppermann and Ayres in real proximity, or perhaps only in parabolic proximity.

1 comment:

falkenburger said...

we all need someone/
we can lean on/
and if you want to/
you can lean on me...

i do believe, in all admitted sentimental jackassery, that this image expresses our strange and profound friendship as well as any other. whatever menace there is, is only a way of showing the feminine that she must take into account that there are TWO steppenwoelfe here.