Friday, December 21, 2007

Wednesday December 19th 2007 at 1:07 PM 1 minute and 15 seconds

Yes, Herr Direktor Doctor Ayres, (...)
I was thinking, (...), just now about your "blog," (...)-entry
That, (...), Well first of all you are getting an "A+" about being negative about your own (...) sophomoric (...) existence;
That's profound, but it's still...in some way too psychological... (...) ...And so
What I think what you should do if you have, (...), if you have the inclination to do this is to
Re-Introduce the negative in relation to some characters...
That we keep, (...), re-working in Our own re-working of the ARCADIAN experience
I'm thinking Of course thinking of Cresswell
But also in fact of Aldrige
(In fact it may be a good idea to have a whole essay on Aldrige) [laughter]
Precisely because he is so boring.
(...) Anyway why don't we have a talk about this some more maybe tonight or something,
(...) If you are up to it and I if am up to it
It's about One-O-Clock now,
I will probably have some lunch and go for a walk
Thinking about Aldritch!
You have a good afternoon!

[Please note that all linguistic hesitations "um" or "uh," while being critical to the understanding of the cadence or rythm of Oppermann's thinking, have been removed and replaced with an ellipsis "(...)" at his request.]

To this entry there were these further messages:

Yes Ayres
Rhymes with Bears
I am leaving you a message
I have just read on the
blog...The
Transcribed message with all the um's and uh's
Which I would recommend that you remove
because that makes me appear or sound rather vague and philistine
And I have a reputation as a major thinker to uphold
I have nothing to say except that you have asked me to leave a message and here it is.
I hope that you are getting a good gray flannel suit
With a 1930's flavor to it
That will make you appear more like your father
Who in the 1930's was one of the best dressed men in America
This is what you once told me
This will have to of course be the occasion of analysis of the question of what it

means To become one's father
With all the Dostoevsky and Kafka etcetera etcetera
reverberations and resonances attached to this particular discussion
Which you can provide at some point
At your leisure on the blog or a postcard or elsewhere
Other than that
it is no longer raining
There is no longer a hard rain
Instead there is just a bit of a
drizzle after a rain
Which is in its own way is "profound"

12 22 2007 1:12 PM 2 minutes

Yes, a disembodied philistine technological women's voice
cut me off
Women always cut you off they cut off... well we wont get into this
Castration anxiety
On a more serious note
Well there is no serious note
I merely meant to
Wish you a pleasant Saturday
I am expecting Gossett and his various issues
He will be here soon
And I will talk to you later
Whenever that will be
Bye

12 22 2007 Saturday, 1:14 PM
44 seconds

No comments: