Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Post from a Dream of Oppermann Posting



The image above should be set in the black background of the Oppermann in Praxis Web-Log Space.  In the dream I saw the email of images of Oppermann living his life, and in the company of beautiful and loving friends as I had received such a file recently.  I had responded in the following manner:

  1. Oppermann is alive, and in being alive there is goodness.
  2. Oppermann is around children, and this makes him wiser and kinder.
  3. Oppermann looks happy.
  4. Love you, Oppermann.
It is worth adding (though it has been added elsewhere that the Magritte image of the Lovers appeared in the Colorado College Symposium on Intimacy in 1987 or 88.  I plastered the image on my door a little after I had met the difficult love of Theresa.

The Disquieting Muse (de Chirico) seems just the right touch. I wanted to do a more elaborate piece that might explore this theme as a complete image in itself, but the conjunction, and my hasty placing of abstract planes of bold color are the broad strokes... in the dream all the brush strokes and patina are there, but cannot be afforded except in the de Chirico and Magritte Vignettes in the image. 

No comments: